One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of placing both hands on a person's arm and then twisting it with a wringing motion to produce a burning sensation.
- ‘Leo, sitting next to me, suddenly grabbed my arm and pointed at bruises that were in a pattern of Indian burns along with large ovals.’
- ‘When we took prisoners, we tortured them with pinches and Indian burns whether they told us their secrets or not.’
- ‘Now - everyone must give an Indian burn to the person on their left, to make the oath final.’
- ‘I've invented arm braces that protect your most vulnerable areas - your arms - from Indian burns.’
- ‘It took me a while to figure out what exactly that mark was, it looked like those Indian burns that kids give each other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.