Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The state of being uncertain or undecided.
- ‘Their phenomenal success can be attributed in large part to their very lack of definition and to their indetermination within our most widely recognized signifying systems.’
- ‘If you sense that suspense, do you still want to live here in all disturbance and all indetermination?’
- ‘Any term can be substituted for any other: utter indetermination.’
- ‘A similar indetermination swamps the last third of the film.’
- ‘The study of translation is worse off than physics because it suffers from indetermination while physics suffers from underdetermination.’
- ‘This indetermination would seem predestined given the historical vagaries in defining personality and addiction.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.