Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for uncertainty principle
- ‘Our inability to capture phenomena in their entirety should be regarded as the indeterminacy principle of biology.’
- ‘Another application of the indeterminacy principle concerns the zero-point energy.’
- ‘Quantum encryption utilizes the behavior of weak light to act as a single photon and is premised on the indeterminacy principle.’
- ‘Fortunately, or unfortunately, according to Heisenberg's indeterminacy principle, this is impossible.’
- ‘He maintains that Heisenberg's indeterminacy principle should not be regarded as expressing the impossibility of making measurements of unlimited precision.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.