One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variable (often denoted by x) whose variation does not depend on that of another.
- ‘We started with wave form as the dependent variable, and the remaining variables as independent variables.’
- ‘Correlation analysis among the independent variables showed coefficients of less than 0.70.’
- ‘As a result, it is difficult to assess the causal impact of the independent variables on the dependent variables.’
- ‘The decomposition of the effects of independent variables on the dependent variables are presented in Table 2.’
- ‘That is, data that are missing are independent of either the independent variable X or the dependent variable Y.’
- ‘They allow researchers to study the effects of many independent variables on the dependent variable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.