One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic term for indentation
- ‘She could see silver indentions along the blade in elegant curves gleaming in the moonlight.’
- ‘Walking over she looked down and noticed that each step was a crystal clear tile with indentions that traced out faces.’
- ‘‘A broken door will be reported,’ he replied disapprovingly, ‘especially one that has the indentions of your fingers permanently embedded in it.’’
- ‘The rustling was coming from the side from one of those indentions.’
- ‘She sees indentions on the wall that resemble a hand print.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.