One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic term for indentation
- ‘She could see silver indentions along the blade in elegant curves gleaming in the moonlight.’
- ‘The rustling was coming from the side from one of those indentions.’
- ‘She sees indentions on the wall that resemble a hand print.’
- ‘Walking over she looked down and noticed that each step was a crystal clear tile with indentions that traced out faces.’
- ‘‘A broken door will be reported,’ he replied disapprovingly, ‘especially one that has the indentions of your fingers permanently embedded in it.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.