One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The tapetum degenerates earlier than usual, resulting in high pollen sterility, and anther indehiscence occurs when pollen stainability falls below 20 percent.’
- ‘The objectives of this project are to induce indehiscence and/or strong placentation (mechanism holding seed in pod) by a mutation breeding program and to screen these mutants for disease resistance, plant height, and improved capsule size and numbers.’
- ‘Research is also in progress to obtain indehiscence through mutations and also to splice the appropriate Cuphea genes into a conventional crop such as rape.’
- ‘The resultant seedlings were then evaluated for indehiscence.’
- ‘Monroella and Petriea exhibit these features and by the development of indehiscence of the pod, the Huttonella subgenus subsequently arose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.