One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An integral expressed without limits, and so containing an arbitrary constant.
- ‘The uncertainty in the value of the indefinite integral is expressed in the form of a constant of integration which is not defined by the integration process.’
- ‘Evaluate the indefinite integral with the independent variable set to each of the limits.’
- ‘The composition rule which for derivatives is called the chain rule will be called substitution when we are computing indefinite integrals of the composition of two functions.’
- ‘You can add an arbitrary constant to the indefinite integral, and still get the same derivative.’
- ‘The indefinite integral is defined as the set of all the antiderivatives of the function f.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.