One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Not liable to fail, end, or decay.
- ‘The course, then, of the argumentative discussion upon these points may be summed up in this way: - Romanists say the church is indefectible, or will never cease to exist.’
- ‘The Catholic Church is indefectible and infallible.’
- ‘Part of all Christian faith is the claim that the church of Christ, in an encompassing sense, is indefectible.’
- ‘She is indefectible in it, and therefore not only has authority to enforce, but is of authority in declaring it.’
- ‘In short, the Church wasn't all that indefectible.’
- 1.1 Perfect; faultless.
superb, exquisite, superlative, excellent, wonderful, marvellous, beautiful, sublime, magnificent, idyllic, blissful, utopianView synonyms
- ‘In one case it is knowledge in a state of death, in the other it is knowledge in a state of indefectible blessedness and life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.