One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yes, indeedy! That was a good question’informal term for indeed (sense 1)
- ‘Yes indeedy, this was a very pleasant trip down memory lane for Mr O'Reilly, who recalled for the tribunal private boxes on derby days, holidays in summer houses and buffet dinners for 75.’
- ‘‘Yes indeedy, pretty lady,’ the man in front leered.’
- ‘Yes indeedy, I do think there's an argument to be made for Living With, rather than Unloading, a regrettable act; that's my oft-repeated appraisal of the false-gold standard of full disclosure.’
- ‘Yep indeedy, being a geography geek I have always wanted to go, and now I am.’
- ‘Yes indeedy, hijacking Italy's cell phone network for partisan purposes was clearly necessary in order to prevent riots at polling places.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.