One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The period over which eggs, cells, etc. are incubated.
- ‘Furthermore, the length of the incubation period may be reduced by embryonic development during the laying period, which also would decrease the exposure time to predators.’
- ‘The female builds the nest and incubates 4 eggs, although the incubation period is not known.’
- ‘Females were trapped during the last days of the incubation period or just after hatching, whereas males were trapped just after hatching.’
- ‘We found negative effects of blood parasites only during the incubation period: higher probability of clutch desertion or lower hatching success.’
- ‘The female lays one egg at a time and the incubation period is 60 days.’
- 1.1 The period between exposure to an infection and the appearance of the first symptoms.‘hepatitis B has an incubation period of 30 to 180 days’
- ‘Gonococcal urethritis, which is usually symptomatic in men, is especially useful in risk determination because the infection has a short incubation period.’
- ‘The time between catching the infection and the start of symptoms - the incubation period - is usually about a day.’
- ‘The rabies incubation period may vary from a few days to several years, but is typically one to three months.’
- ‘The incubation period is the time between being exposed to a disease and when the symptoms start.’
- ‘The disease has a long incubation period and few dementia-related deaths in the US are investigated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.