One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I know the inconstancy of the people of England,’ she observed privately in 1561, ‘how they ever mislike the present government and have their eyes fixed upon that person who is next to succeed.’’
- ‘Unpredictability and inconstancy in parenting is one very important factor affecting a child negatively.’
- ‘They excel in fickleness, inconstancy, absence of thought and logic and incapacity to reason.’
- ‘A good way to break down hierarchies - but how free can they stand, given the inconstancy of progressive funding and radical intervention?’
- ‘To have backtracked on a finding to which he was signed up would have been crass and would have exposed him to accusations of inconstancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.