One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not in agreement or harmony; not compatible.
in disagreement, at variance, at odds, disagreeing, differing, divergent, discrepant, contradictory, contrary, in conflict, conflicting, opposite, opposed, opposing, clashingView synonyms
- ‘And how are we to interpret teachings that seem inconsonant with current sensibilities?’
- ‘Critics suggest that no two scenarios are bound by the same decision criteria; situationalism poses inconsonant decision constraints.’
- ‘The individual then uses these schemas to incorporate more information; and when observations are significantly inconsonant with existing views, the schemas are modified accordingly.’
- ‘I think it's fair to say that rules by their nature are inconsonant with expressivity, as that notion is conventionally understood.’
- ‘Productions whose content is considered to be inconsonant with the ideals and missions of Boston College will be disallowed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.