One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not able to be compressed.
- ‘A phenomenological theoretical study has modeled the edge by treating lipids as incompressible yet elastically deformable objects whose energy depends on chain extension length as well as headgroup packing density curvature.’
- ‘Hydrostats are characterized by a central volume of pressurized incompressible fluid surrounded by a membrane in tension; all amniote intromittent organs include a central space surrounded by a tensile membrane.’
- ‘I do understand that and, as I say, we are trying to compress the incompressible.’
- ‘In our approach, we take the incompressible nature of the motion into consideration and avoid the calculation of the spatiotemporal derivatives of the images, which are often nearly singular in large regions of the images.’
- ‘Additionally, intelligent data compression will automatically detect data that is not compressible and turn off compression for such incompressible data files.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.