One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Just as the world appears in incompatible ways to different people, it also appears incompatibly to the different senses of one and the same person.’
- ‘They will, therefore, be acting incompatibly with the Convention when they act within those provisions and, therefore, their acts will be unlawful.’
- ‘In the present study, an incompatibly high personal goal was defined as the intention to earn $4.51 or more.’
- ‘The purpose is that those bodies for whose acts the state is answerable before the European Court of Human Rights shall in future be subject to a domestic law obligation not to act incompatibly with Convention rights.’
- ‘It follows that the Secretary of State does not act incompatibly with Article 6 rights if he declines, as he did in this case, to call the case in for his decision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.