One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1postpositive Contained as part of a whole being considered.‘all of Europe (Russia included)’‘service tax included’
included in, one of, some of, in the group of, in the number of, out ofView synonyms
- ‘And we feel for them all the more as we imagine all human lives, our own included, against this backdrop of absolute zero.’
- ‘The majority of dystopias - Orwell's included - have been written by men and the point of view has been male.’
- ‘We requested the other tests to be spread evenly among air-sports, aero-modeling included!’
- 1.1Botany (of a style or stamen) not protruding beyond the corolla.
- ‘Flowers, regular, tubular with the limbo slightly broadened and 5-dented; stamen included.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.