One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the possibility that apathy may subvert anarchy does not absolve its inciters from responsibility.’
- ‘The inchoate offence of incitement might appear to offer a solution, but it may not succeed where the inciter knows that the incitee lacks an element of the full offence.’
- ‘Police egged on the inciters, either passively, by failing to respond to calls for help or, in some cases, more actively.’
- ‘All along we've thought that something subversive was in our midst, perhaps a maker of effigies, or an inciter of revolutions.’
- ‘All populist right-wing movements, inciters to violence and hatred, are adept in the language of Grievance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.