One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without interruption; constantly.‘she talked about him incessantly’
constantly, continually, all the time, non-stop, without stopping, without a break, interminably, unremittingly, round the clock, ceaselessly, endlessly, without cessation, unceasingly, perpetuallyView synonyms
- ‘She grabbed my shoulders and began to shake me incessantly as she continued to shout.’
- ‘She thanked me for my kindness and waved incessantly as we continued on our way.’
- ‘Why do so many dog owners allow their dogs to bark incessantly for long periods of time?’
- ‘It's true that repeating a word incessantly actually lessens its impact and, in general, makes you feel better about it.’
- ‘Geoff began to smoke incessantly and continued to light up almost until the end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.