One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to a throw which puts the ball into play from out of bounds.‘an inbounds pass’
- ‘It was the third time in 10 games that an inbounds play in the final seconds broke down.’
- ‘On inbounds plays, fans were known to spill their drinks into players' canvas shoes.’
- ‘Iverson caught the inbounds pass and hit a fadeway from the left side, tying the score at 96.’
- ‘On the inbounds play, Lamond Murray gets the ball in the corner, quickly squares up, and nails a three before the buzzer goes off.’
- ‘Anthony Mason stumbled while throwing the inbounds pass, and Miller intercepted it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.