One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Quietly, almost inaudibly, he whispered, ‘They're family.’’
- ‘Beth was feverish and fitful, tossing about beneath the sheets, her head thrashing from side to side, muttering inaudibly from time to time.’
- ‘Since I hadn't the energy to get up and improve matters, the record played on almost inaudibly.’
- ‘When the time is right, I shall explain everything to you,’ he murmured almost inaudibly.’
- ‘‘Oh, why did I not realize this before,’ he said quietly, almost inaudibly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.