One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of attention; distraction.‘a moment of inattention that could have cost lives’
lack of concentration, distraction, inattentiveness, preoccupation, absent-mindedness, daydreaming, dreaminess, reverie, wool-gathering, abstraction, staring into space, obliviousnessnegligence, neglect, neglectfulness, disregard, slackness, remissness, laxnessView synonyms
- ‘At work I've been making a few errors due to inattention.’
- ‘What was a graceful and vibrant part of the city has become tired and tawdry as the ravages of time and inattention over the last 15 years have taken their toll.’
- ‘The most common fault, after inattention, is for drivers to follow too closely.’
- ‘In the present case I think there was more than mere inadvertence or inattention.’
- ‘And many catastrophes follow from a moment of inattention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.