One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner that is not suitable or proper in the circumstances.‘I deny that I have behaved inappropriately’‘pupils dressed inappropriately will be disciplined’
- ‘Some people have raised the question of higher-ups inappropriately influencing this settlement.’
- ‘Ideological systems inappropriately constrict creativity.’
- ‘Almost two-thirds of antibiotics given to patients at the hospital were used inappropriately.’
- ‘Most of the play's humour derives from one person behaving inappropriately regarding the other's rank.’
- ‘These children have difficulty sharing play materials and often respond inappropriately to peers ' comments.’
- ‘Kids should alert an adult if they've been touched inappropriately.’
- ‘It seems like I'm constantly dressed inappropriately for the weather.’
- ‘He was never at a loss for the wounding remark, the inappropriately coarse joke, the cold put-down.’
- ‘You may want to initiate a lawsuit to recover any assets that were inappropriately transferred to your stepbrother.’
- ‘Oviraptor, now known to be inappropriately named, was a dinosaur which reached 2 metres long.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.