One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner that is not suitable or proper in the circumstances.‘I deny that I have behaved inappropriately’‘pupils dressed inappropriately will be disciplined’
- ‘Some people have raised the question of higher-ups inappropriately influencing this settlement.’
- ‘Oviraptor, now known to be inappropriately named, was a dinosaur which reached 2 metres long.’
- ‘Almost two-thirds of antibiotics given to patients at the hospital were used inappropriately.’
- ‘You may want to initiate a lawsuit to recover any assets that were inappropriately transferred to your stepbrother.’
- ‘Ideological systems inappropriately constrict creativity.’
- ‘Kids should alert an adult if they've been touched inappropriately.’
- ‘He was never at a loss for the wounding remark, the inappropriately coarse joke, the cold put-down.’
- ‘These children have difficulty sharing play materials and often respond inappropriately to peers ' comments.’
- ‘It seems like I'm constantly dressed inappropriately for the weather.’
- ‘Most of the play's humour derives from one person behaving inappropriately regarding the other's rank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.