One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Causing no noticeable signs or symptoms.‘clinically inapparent hepatitis’
- ‘Since most pregnant women have had inapparent infection and because of the low risk to the fetus, routine exclusion from schools, day care, etc., is not recommended for pregnant women.’
- ‘The lesions in the lung and lymph nodes were often grossly inapparent and seen only on histopathologic analysis, meaning that their detection with conventional imaging techniques would be unlikely.’
- ‘Chronic infection with S. stercoralis is often inapparent, but it can cause gastrointestinal, cutaneous, or pulmonary symptoms.’
- ‘Mononucleosis is most common in young adults, and most of the adult population has had clinically inapparent EBV disease as evidenced by antibody titers.’
- ‘Despite our exclusion criteria, other confounding influences may have occurred as a result of inapparent inflammatory disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.