One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He proceeded to remain there, almost inanimately, for the whole of the class.’
- ‘Raine yelped in pain as her body hit the wall like a rag-doll, falling to the ground inanimately.’
- ‘Relentlessly, she stared at the phone sitting inanimately on her desk, willing it to ring because there was no way she'd sacrifice her own pride and call Chris herself.’
- ‘The two men had stood there for what must have been an hour, staring inanimately at the carcass that lay before them.’
- ‘My eyes wandered to the phone sitting inanimately, as it should have been, on my nightstand right beside my picture frame, which held a collage of pictures from over the years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.