One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Davis grinned inanely as his support melted away.’
- ‘Often I just nod inanely and mutter’ fine’ even when I am less than impressed.’
- ‘For some reason, this suddenly struck me as extremely funny, and I nearly burst out giggling inanely right there.’
- ‘I said to him, inanely, ‘You seem to be a happy man.’’
- ‘I know what some of you are thinking: ‘Oh, he's far too serious, and all he does is waffle on inanely, without providing any decent links to interesting sites around the net.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.