One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without intention; accidentally.‘his name had been inadvertently omitted from the list’
accidentally, by accident, unintentionally, unwittinglyView synonyms
- ‘To avoid being billed twice inadvertently, don't press any button more than once.’
- ‘In trying to get something he had inadvertently given something away.’
- ‘Sadly, we tried to usher the creature out the window, but ended up hitting it inadvertently.’
- ‘Many if not most of the arsonists appeared to have started big fires inadvertently with small fires.’
- ‘A monarchy which strives to avoid political controversy now finds itself inadvertently at the heart of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.