One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The growth of leucine auxotrophs is sensitive to high pH in the presence of ammonia, whereas deletion of the E3 ubiquitin ligase pub1 +, the S. pombe homolog of the nitrogen permease inactivator NPI1 / RSP5, abolishes pH sensitivity.’
- ‘Aromatase inhibitors and inactivators are drugs that suppress oestrogen production in postmenopausal women through inhibition of the final step in their synthesis, conversion of androgens to oestrogens.’
- ‘If, however, an upstream process regulates the inactivator, this regulation needs to be proportional to the activation of the corresponding activator.’
- ‘According to this scheme, a locally acting activator and a globally acting inactivator (PTEN or a similar phosphatase) are coordinately controlled by the G-protein activation.’
- ‘Unlike other aromatase inhibitors, exemestane is a steroidal aromatase inactivator, which means it selectively targets and irreversibly binds to the aromatase enzyme, which is required to produce estrogen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.