Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In proper vocal condition for singing or speaking.‘the soprano is in marvelous voice’
- ‘I always felt that Richard Harris was miscast as Albus Dumbledore and although Michael Gambon is an improvement in voice and performance, I don't think he's quite got it, either.’
- ‘Ab-Liva and Sandman are the stylistic opposite of Clipse, burly in voice and muddy in inflection, intensifying most tracks, but usually just acting as foils.’
- ‘And it is this difference in voice and her style of singing that Sapna feels is her main assets.’
- ‘Robin Leggate's Captain Vere was all he needed to be, torn and sturdy, betraying - more in tone than in voice - a certain frailty.’
- ‘In striking contrast to the earlier stanzas, stanzas fifteen and sixteen are consistent neither in tone nor in voice.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.