One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In proper vocal condition for singing or speaking.‘the soprano is in marvelous voice’
- ‘I always felt that Richard Harris was miscast as Albus Dumbledore and although Michael Gambon is an improvement in voice and performance, I don't think he's quite got it, either.’
- ‘In striking contrast to the earlier stanzas, stanzas fifteen and sixteen are consistent neither in tone nor in voice.’
- ‘Ab-Liva and Sandman are the stylistic opposite of Clipse, burly in voice and muddy in inflection, intensifying most tracks, but usually just acting as foils.’
- ‘And it is this difference in voice and her style of singing that Sapna feels is her main assets.’
- ‘Robin Leggate's Captain Vere was all he needed to be, torn and sturdy, betraying - more in tone than in voice - a certain frailty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.