One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Because or as a result of.
considering, taking into consideration, bearing in mind, keeping in mind, mindful of, taking into account, on account of, taking note of, in the light of, owing to, because of, as a result ofView synonyms
- ‘An agreement is also necessary in view of the upcoming considerable foreign debt payments.’
- ‘Strange as it may seem in view of all the damage that was done, Ireland did not get the full force of the storm.’
- ‘Perhaps that is a good thing in view of what awaits them in the next fortnight.’
- ‘The regime of freebies has to be considered in view of the fiscal health of society.’
- ‘This will involve some considerable expense in view of the building work already completed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.