One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1In a vacuum.‘the hydrochloric acid was removed by evaporation in vacuo’
- ‘The energetics of the elementary reactions in vacuo, were calculated, using the Slater type orbital based ADF package.’
- ‘The distribution of temperature along a thin rod or wire electrically heated in vacuo has been studied both theoretically and experimentally by several authors.’
- ‘Bulk solvent effects with IEF-PCM about the dihydrated systems almost invert the stability order found in vacuo.’
- ‘The present invention relates to a furnace for heat treatment in vacuo, with cooling by a gas stream.’
- ‘The mixture is concentrated in vacuo and the residue is purified by flash chromatography if necessary.’
- 1.1 Away from or without the normal context or environment.‘instead of dealing with individual aspects of lifestyle in vacuo, social factors are taken into account’
- ‘You still need to make the calculation in vacuo to be able to compare the results with the experimental value.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.