One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In connection with the point previously mentioned.‘there was little incentive for them to be active in this regard’
respect, aspect, facet, consideration, point, item, characteristic, particular, detail, specific, particularity, factView synonyms
- ‘The health minister has been particularly prominent in the media in this regard.’
- ‘Poets can play significant role by creating public awareness in this regard, he said.’
- ‘Inner city entrepreneurs may have an edge in this regard because their market requires local knowledge.’
- ‘Baltinglass is served a lot better than most towns of its size in this regard.’
- ‘In this regard a molecule was considered to be a unit of - or the smallest particle of - a compound that retained the chemical properties of the substance.’
- ‘It is often mentioned in the same breath in that regard as Saul Bellow's The Adventures of Augie March.’
- ‘I am sure that the sale of the properties will assist in that regard, as already mentioned.’
- ‘He singled out the areas of sport, academics and opera for special mention in this regard.’
- ‘The authorities have shown time and again that they are helpless in this regard.’
- ‘In this regard the survey shows that 71% of young farmers do not believe the CAP proposals will benefit Irish agriculture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.