One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With reference to this (or that)‘of value in this connection was the work done by the state police’
- ‘Our view is that whatever changes are to be made in that connection should be made on a peaceful basis by both countries.’
- ‘Five people have been arrested in this connection.’
- ‘I have had over 200 papers published in the academic journals reporting research in that connection.’
- ‘Finally, and in that connection, the best bloggers will gain access to other vehicles through which to present more analytical pieces.’
- ‘The police has registered a case in this connection.’
- ‘Of course, it should be said in this connection that very few new developments happen in vernacular literature to be of interest to the new generation.’
- ‘It is preposterous to talk about freedom of speech in this connection; the case cannot be blown up into a great issue of civil liberties.’
- ‘Public lectures, exhibits, school programs, and competitions are among the activities being organised in this connection.’
- ‘The high rate of domestic ownership of pianos in nineteenth century Australia is a significant datum in this connection.’
- ‘The instance of the electric light may prove illuminating in this connection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.