One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Approximately.‘annual sales in the region of 30 million’
approximately, about, around, roughly, in the neighbourhood of, in the area of, of the order of, something like, some, round about, close to, near to, just about, practically, more or lessView synonyms
- ‘Mr. Stokes stated that the cost would be in the region of £4,900 and that it may be possible.’
- ‘The factory employs in the region of 100 people, many of them on work visas from Brazil and other places.’
- ‘He was atrocious off the tee and missed something in the region of twelve fairways in the thirty-six hole decider.’
- ‘Somewhere in the region of 60 paintings will be on display by local artists.’
- ‘It is estimated that the average Irish household now has in the region of 4.5 television sets per house.’
- ‘There was in the region of 350 people there on the night making it a very successful night for the primary school.’
- ‘The operation is extensive and looks set to cost somewhere in the region of €1.5 million.’
- ‘Over the last number of years the annual expenditure on the Rose was somewhere in the region of 1.2 million.’
- ‘The spillage that occurred recently was in the region of five tonnes.’
- ‘The work that remains to be done in the church will cost in the region of €6,000.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.