One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Awaiting completion or processing; being developed.‘new treatments are in the pipeline’
on the way, in preparation, being prepared, in production, under way, coming, forthcoming, upcoming, imminent, about to happen, near, close, brewing, in the offing, in the wind, anticipated, expectedView synonyms
- ‘Humphrys himself still seems to have plenty of plans in the pipeline.’
- ‘A total of 16 schools across the borough have launched travel plans and more are in the pipeline.’
- ‘There are plans in the pipeline to open a shop in Shanghai and perhaps expand to Beijing.’
- ‘Major changes are undoubtedly in the pipeline for the whole process, from arrest to release from prison.’
- ‘Plans are in the pipeline to develop ports at Harwich, Southampton and Teesport.’
- ‘There are plans in the pipeline to build a town centre pool elsewhere.’
- ‘Big plans are now in the pipeline to open it up again soon and it will once again play a big role in town as work is completed.’
- ‘There are other plans in the pipeline and these will be discussed at future meetings.’
- ‘He said there were further plans in the pipeline to develop the Heversham site for community and educational use.’
- ‘He says existing plans are stuck in the pipeline with no money in the budget to finish them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.