One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the physical form of.‘trouble arrived in the person of a short, mustached Berliner’
- ‘This was the age of national liberation, and its politics were exemplified, even after his downfall, in the person of Napoleon Bonaparte.’
- ‘She also calls in reinforcements in the person of her sister, Julie.’
- ‘I decided, or God in the person of the Virgin Mary decided, that the risk was worth taking, and I enlisted my mother to help me.’
- ‘The government came off the boat, in the person of the governor and his officials, carrying all the authority of the government in Britain.’
- ‘Joy then introduced the guest celebrity in the person of yours truly, this humble correspondent!’
- ‘Tibet's message to the world is that it has offered its best in the person of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama to the world community.’
- ‘However if the cord blood transplant had not been successful, they had a perfectly matched bone marrow donor in the person of Adam, the infant.’
- ‘My advice is to immediately contact their embassy in the person of the ambassador and make a statement.’
- ‘She quickly ends up in Canada, searching out her past in the person of her lost brother.’
- ‘And of course that is exactly what we have now in the person of King George II.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.