One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Belonging to or constituting the smaller group or number.‘those who acknowledge his influence are certainly in the minority’
- ‘You're also, however, running pretty puny databases and certainly in the minority.’
- ‘Pirates would have been my choice but I would have thought I was in the minority.’
- ‘There are poems which express a more conventional view of God, but they're certainly in the minority.’
- ‘While impact-related injuries certainly do occur, they are by far in the minority.’
- ‘While I'm definitely in the minority on this view, there is a small comfort to be had.’
- ‘But she is in the minority, according to new research from Alliance & Leicester.’
- ‘Personally, I'd rather see debt repayment but I think I'm in the minority there.’
- ‘More of my friends own stick shifts than not, so I've always felt in the minority.’
- ‘We are in the minority and the American people have assigned us a role to play.’
- ‘I am supporting the recommendations of the science committee and am currently in the minority.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.