One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For the benefit of.‘in the interests of security we are keeping the information confidential’
- ‘The fence must come down in the interests of the commonage rights of local farmers and in the interests of the local environment.’
- ‘It's not in the interest of our people, and it's not in the interest of the peace process.’
- ‘The Government should act in their interests and not just in the interests of the elite who can afford to build nursing homes.’
- ‘Yes, I was working in his interests but directors of companies must work in the interests of all shareholders.’
- ‘If we felt that it is no longer in the interests of our children to take part then we would have no choice but to withdraw.’
- ‘One such principle holds that space is to be explored and used ‘for the benefit and in the interests of all countries.’’
- ‘This may be in the interests of arms dealers, but is it in the interests of the global community?’
- ‘‘The trustees have a simple duty: to act in the interest of the beneficiaries,’ he said.’
- ‘We are doing so because it is in our best interests and in the interests of our citizens.’
- ‘This is in our interest and in the interest of our clients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.