One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In debt.‘we're still three thousand dollars in the hole’
- ‘Instead of paying once, you pay twice and the deeper you get in the hole, the more they control you.’
- ‘In other words, they planned to go in the hole, but they didn't go in the hole as much as they thought.’
- ‘So the crash, when it comes, is going to leave a lot of people deep in the hole.’
- ‘And if things don't all go 100% perfectly, we'll be several billion dollars in the hole.’
- ‘The punishing combo of fewer jobs plus fewer hours worked has left family incomes in the hole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.