One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To an extreme degree.‘the reasoning was convoluted in the extreme’
- ‘It is irritating in the extreme to be so stereotypically predictable.’
- ‘I have found this whole experience very frightening and worrying in the extreme.’
- ‘Yet the demands on the players was intense in the extreme and they were an exhausted bunch by the end.’
- ‘That is, according to those former trustees, disingenuous in the extreme.’
- ‘The skiing is exhilarating in the extreme, but the main attraction remains the mountains themselves.’
- ‘Yesterday he turned up, looking confused in the extreme and asking if I was Dr. Bird.’
- ‘The arguments against such a database are, with one exception, weak in the extreme.’
- ‘His initial reaction to my questions is cautious in the extreme.’
- ‘But the bigger picture of discord and trouble in the camp is worrying in the extreme.’
- ‘Hearing the story, and about the dead bodies on the platforms, is sobering in the extreme.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.