One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without any clothes on; naked.‘she's agreed to pose in the altogether’
- ‘And they genuinely believe that they created a fashion for male celebrities appearing in the altogether.’
- ‘The poor old emperor striding down the street in the altogether was, of course, blissfully unaware that he hadn't got any clothes on.’
- ‘I have no doubt he dreamt up some of the city's freeways he subsequently built while sunning himself in the altogether.’
- ‘He struts around confidently in the altogether.’
- ‘Eventually, the film implodes under the burden of its repetitiveness, so that by the time we reach the end we feel like we've seen half the planet's population in the altogether.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.