One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
If that happens.‘in that event, the US would incline toward a lifting of the arms embargo’
- ‘Survival would not have been at all likely in that event.’
- ‘That distinction is gone and if the pressure on the public sector becomes too great, it is clear that the State pension will suffer in that event.’
- ‘Specific proposals regarding sugar will not be presented by the commission before next June and, in that event, the most that will happen in the presidency is a first exchange of views.’
- ‘Council tax would increase by £75 in that event, says the County Councils Network which clearly favours giant unitary counties if re-organisation went ahead.’
- ‘Your power would turn itself against you in that event.’
- ‘Business can fail if adequate financial provisions are not in place to furnish a ready supply of cash, in that event, or if a key player in the business dies, leaving dependants.’
- ‘The analysis, in that event, would have waited until tomorrow or the day after, or else been allowed to stand side by side with fulsome sentiments of celebration.’
- ‘I asked him what would he would regard as evidence that the policy of legalisation was not working and what he would do in that event.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.