One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To a very high degree.‘he got his revenge now in spades’
- ‘Politically, this decision of Charles's is paying off in spades.’
- ‘Sincerity isn't what normally comes to mind when talking about pop music, but these two sets of twins have it in spades.’
- ‘Shaw's staff thought the world of him, and their loyalty was repaid in spades.’
- ‘It is a gift, and this silver-tongued charmer has it in spades.’
- ‘A lesser wine from one of the region's top producers, this delivers cherries, tea, acidity and tannins in spades.’
- ‘Needless to say, to successfully achieve such remarkable feats required all four of the above virtues in spades.’
- ‘Realize that whatever you do to me, I'm likely to do to you in spades.’
- ‘Try to avoid the obvious tourist traps as you'll miss out on the ambience and unique characters that more traditional halls have in spades.’
- ‘It called upon qualities that neither one of us has in spades, to kind of sell yourself and sell this product.’
- ‘And he has repaid that faith in spades, humility and understatement his trademark all season, on and off the field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.