One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a position of trust with someone.
- ‘Nevertheless some thoughtless and imprudent actions of hers made me from time to time regret that I was in her confidence.’
- ‘‘It's a delicate position to be so much in their confidence,’ she angrily retorted.’
- ‘I never was in your confidence before my Father died and I certainly am not in it now’
- ‘Like a flash it came over me that the maid was in her confidence.’
- ‘Though you were formerly deep in his confidence, just as you are in mine, still she is of higher standing than anyone here present, including myself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.