One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a position of trust with someone.
- ‘I never was in your confidence before my Father died and I certainly am not in it now’
- ‘Nevertheless some thoughtless and imprudent actions of hers made me from time to time regret that I was in her confidence.’
- ‘Though you were formerly deep in his confidence, just as you are in mine, still she is of higher standing than anyone here present, including myself.’
- ‘Like a flash it came over me that the maid was in her confidence.’
- ‘‘It's a delicate position to be so much in their confidence,’ she angrily retorted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.