One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the legal case of; with regard to.‘In re Mancet's Estate’
regarding, concerning, with reference to, referring to, with regard to, with respect to, respecting, relating to, in relation to, on, touching on, dealing with, relevant to, with relevance to, in the context of, connected with, on the subject of, in the matter of, apropos, reView synonyms
- ‘As Brightman J's decision in re H.R. Paul & Son Ltd, 118 SJ 166 shows, the quorum provisions cannot be regarded as conferring upon the second respondent some form of veto as being his entitlement.’
- ‘I agree with Jonathan Parker J's judgment in re Barings at page 493 that s.3 of the 1972 Act does not render relevant that which is irrelevant.’
- ‘The same approach was adopted by the House of Lords in re Ismail  1 AC 320 where Lord Steyn said that ‘accused’ in section 1 of the 1989 Act is not a term of art.’
- ‘We lost in the House of Lords - I have to say on a different point, it was really on the question of whether re Poh was still good law, and the House of Lords was invited to depart from the decision in re Poh and declined to do so.’
- ‘That is correct, in re Hallett's Estate, and that is a principle which we say can be taken into account in looking at the context in which the words of 51AA appear.’
Latin, ‘in the matter of’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.