One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To some extent though not entirely.‘the cause of the illness is at least in part psychological’
to a certain degree, to a certain extent, to a limited degree, to a limited extent, to some degree, to some extent, partly, partially, half, in some measure, relatively, comparatively, moderately, to a point, up to a point, a little, somewhatView synonyms
- ‘The character of the two displays is, in part at least, determined by the spaces they occupy.’
- ‘That is not however the only aspect of his diary which, at least in part, makes up for its other failings.’
- ‘These were tricks he had learned at least in part from his experience across the Atlantic.’
- ‘The decline is due, at least in part, to sea lice infestations spreading from fish farms.’
- ‘Which may help to explain, at least in part, his attitude to his last great track race.’
- ‘The story, in part in least, made the front page of the local paper this morning.’
- ‘Governments are elected and rejected at least in part on the question of immigration.’
- ‘To an extremely limited extent we can comment in part on what little we're presented with.’
- ‘Sport can be excused, at least in part, for not knowing what to make of such advice.’
- ‘It is, at least in part, the duty of politicians to motivate the public to vote.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.