One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To some extent though not entirely.‘the cause of the illness is at least in part psychological’
to a certain degree, to a certain extent, to a limited degree, to a limited extent, to some degree, to some extent, partly, partially, half, in some measure, relatively, comparatively, moderately, to a point, up to a point, a little, somewhatView synonyms
- ‘The character of the two displays is, in part at least, determined by the spaces they occupy.’
- ‘The story, in part in least, made the front page of the local paper this morning.’
- ‘The decline is due, at least in part, to sea lice infestations spreading from fish farms.’
- ‘These were tricks he had learned at least in part from his experience across the Atlantic.’
- ‘Governments are elected and rejected at least in part on the question of immigration.’
- ‘Sport can be excused, at least in part, for not knowing what to make of such advice.’
- ‘Which may help to explain, at least in part, his attitude to his last great track race.’
- ‘To an extremely limited extent we can comment in part on what little we're presented with.’
- ‘It is, at least in part, the duty of politicians to motivate the public to vote.’
- ‘That is not however the only aspect of his diary which, at least in part, makes up for its other failings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.