One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As a means to.‘he slouched into his seat in order to avoid drawing attention to himself’
- ‘I set up this blog in order to keep my friends and family informed of my time in Hanoi.’
- ‘Then there is the huge number of people who have borrowed to the hilt in order to secure a home.’
- ‘Previously they had to find a job and apply for a work permit in order to stay in this country.’
- ‘Also, do you need to have a credit history with a bank in order to take out a loan?’
- ‘We have velux windows in the office and in order to see out we have to scrape the snow off them.’
- ‘I pay road tax and other taxes in order to use the highway and this is now being denied.’
- ‘It is an individual sport where you have to handle the pressure in order to succeed.’
- ‘This creates a problem for a company that needs to maximise its profits in order to grow.’
- ‘It is also expected to shed jobs through natural wastage in order to keep costs down.’
- ‘Users must set up an online account in order to view, save and print documents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.