One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the process of talking fluently.‘the diplomats stopped her in mid flow, explaining they had to go to an important meeting’
- ‘Violet is waiting to interject, but she knows better than to cut him off in mid-flow.’
- ‘Robinson was invariably speaking as the programme ended, and the producers would be required to fade him out in mid-flow.’
- ‘I simply yell "see ya" and hit the end call button, cutting him off in mid flow.’
- ‘The real thing I love most about blogging is that I get to talk about ME without someone telling me to shut up whilst I'm in mid flow.’
- ‘He was actually in mid-flow when I introduced myself.’
- ‘In mid flow of a mighty row with his agency partner, the phone rang.’
- ‘I have discovered though, by listening to how some of my other mates handle this, that there are a couple of great ways to cut this off in mid flow.’
- ‘Observe quietly as we catch his healthy self-love presently in mid flow.’
- ‘The host seems to be taken by surprise by the commercials and has to cut the guest off in mid flow.’
- ‘My tutor - I shan't name him - stopped me in mid-flow, shaking his head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.