One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Following closely and eagerly.
- ‘Maraj and Charles continued in hot pursuit and eventually caught up to William near Volney's Gas Station.’
- ‘They hold a big party in his honour and after his photo gets printed in the paper, the prison guards follow in hot pursuit.’
- ‘The guy runs off into the roiling crowd, staff in hot pursuit.’
- ‘The mob however followed in hot pursuit and soon had him pinned down.’
- ‘I follow in hot pursuit and we manage to get the kite off the ground.’
- ‘There were reports he had gone inside and to the astonishment of hospital staff, armed police soon followed in hot pursuit.’
- ‘Allen Shamrock went a couple of lengths clear up the back straight with Lenny's Friend and Dale Inferno in hot pursuit.’
- ‘Walters followed in hot pursuit before finally catching up with his victim in a traffic jam.’
- ‘Brave Trooper Joey Doe has no choice but to speed his cruiser in hot pursuit, gunning the engine to dizzying speeds along suburban street.’
- ‘You see, I've been in hot pursuit of my target for a couple of weeks now.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.