One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an edition bound in stiff covers; in hardcover.‘the novel was first published in hardback in 1981’
- ‘After the biography's first edition publication in hardback in November 1998, Communist Party records that were not available previously came into my possession.’
- ‘The first is Pat Southern's Augustus which was published in hardback in 1998.’
- ‘A one-volume abridged edition, the basis of this publication, was published in hardback in 1992.’
- ‘Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 2003 was published by John Wisden on April 30, in hardback and soft cover.’
- ‘Since then, Random Family has been reprinted five times in hardback and twice in paper, and was a finalist for a National Book Critics Circle Award.’
- ‘First published in hardback in 2003, the book is now available in paperback.’
- ‘Brass Man is Neal Asher's latest book, out now in hardback and trade paperback, published by Tor Books UK.’
- ‘Because he was the most popular poet since Tennyson, Sir John's collected verse has sold over 2,000,000 copies in hardback and it is good to have a paperback edition available now.’
- ‘THE BRITISH MUSEUM PRESS, whose titles are new to this column, have recently released in paperback two books previously published in hardback.’
- ‘The Cambridge Illustrated History of Medicine was first published in hardback in 1996 and reprinted in 2000.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.