One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the same way as.‘in common with other officers I had to undertake guard duties’
- ‘The Chinese, in common with many other cultures, like to send the corpse on its way with gifts placed in the coffin.’
- ‘Suddenly, in common with the other black-shirted forwards, he looked exhausted.’
- ‘Kennet District Council, in common with other councils, was given a housing allocation.’
- ‘The government is expected to turn to the right - in common with much of Europe.’
- ‘The organization, in common with other train companies, is often the subject of bad press.’
- ‘Tomato leaves, in common with most higher plants, use sucrose as the major form of transported carbon.’
- ‘I must admit, in common with Britney, I've never felt sexy in any of my clothes.’
- ‘HIV is here to stay, and in common with every other virus in the world, we've no idea how to even begin curing it.’
- ‘Seems I've run out of things to say about events in the Middle East, in common with most people it would appear.’
- ‘It used to be called Beowulf Crescent but the name was changed years ago, in common with many other streets in York.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.