One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the same way as.‘in common with other officers I had to undertake guard duties’
- ‘The organization, in common with other train companies, is often the subject of bad press.’
- ‘The Chinese, in common with many other cultures, like to send the corpse on its way with gifts placed in the coffin.’
- ‘It used to be called Beowulf Crescent but the name was changed years ago, in common with many other streets in York.’
- ‘Seems I've run out of things to say about events in the Middle East, in common with most people it would appear.’
- ‘I must admit, in common with Britney, I've never felt sexy in any of my clothes.’
- ‘Tomato leaves, in common with most higher plants, use sucrose as the major form of transported carbon.’
- ‘The government is expected to turn to the right - in common with much of Europe.’
- ‘Suddenly, in common with the other black-shirted forwards, he looked exhausted.’
- ‘HIV is here to stay, and in common with every other virus in the world, we've no idea how to even begin curing it.’
- ‘Kennet District Council, in common with other councils, was given a housing allocation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.