One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a few words; in short.‘he is, in brief, the embodiment of evil’‘the news in brief’
in short, in brief, to put it briefly, to cut a long story short, in a word, to sum up, in sum, to come to the point, in a nutshell, to put it in a nutshell, in essence, in outlineView synonyms
- ‘Here's the big guy's cinematic history in brief.’
- ‘We will cover in brief different options you have while considering your holiday.’
- ‘The consequence is mass unemployment and weakened schemes for social protection - in brief, a breaking up of society.’
- ‘Hamlet, in brief, was right and the Danish Establishment was wrong.’
- ‘The argument, in brief, is that if the means of production are socialized then there would be no prices to guide producers.’
- ‘After the sports news, THBN repeated their lead story in brief.’
- ‘This article is featured in brief on the website.’
- ‘Taking a look at news in brief tonight, a winter storm dropped up to 10 inches of snow in parts of the Midwest.’
- ‘Some magnificent artistic traditions have been illustrated here in brief.’
- ‘They have, in brief, become the Establishment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.