One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a few words; in short.‘he is, in brief, the embodiment of evil’‘the news in brief’
in short, in brief, to put it briefly, to cut a long story short, in a word, to sum up, in sum, to come to the point, in a nutshell, to put it in a nutshell, in essence, in outlineView synonyms
- ‘Taking a look at news in brief tonight, a winter storm dropped up to 10 inches of snow in parts of the Midwest.’
- ‘The consequence is mass unemployment and weakened schemes for social protection - in brief, a breaking up of society.’
- ‘This article is featured in brief on the website.’
- ‘Hamlet, in brief, was right and the Danish Establishment was wrong.’
- ‘They have, in brief, become the Establishment.’
- ‘We will cover in brief different options you have while considering your holiday.’
- ‘Some magnificent artistic traditions have been illustrated here in brief.’
- ‘Here's the big guy's cinematic history in brief.’
- ‘After the sports news, THBN repeated their lead story in brief.’
- ‘The argument, in brief, is that if the means of production are socialized then there would be no prices to guide producers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.